[cpia] (no subject)

Roger Monteith rogerm@holliday.co.nz
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:30:29 +1300

>I'm guessing this is probably made by VVL however I need to determine
>the chipset and connections (it currently has a lead connecting a
>9-way header + ground on the PCB to a 9-pin mini-din plug & shield).

>The original owner is hunting for any documentation/software that my
>have come with it and believes it was bundled with a Time brand PC in
>the UK.

What you have there is a VVL camera head, but it was designed to plug into a
PC card  based on a combined modem/video capture chip... All the head
generates is raw pixel data which is sent down the cable in a proprietory
VVL format. Realistically unless you can find the card it was designed to
plug into, and the drivers for it, you've got zero chance of getting
pictures out of it.

Had a quick look on the VVL website and there isn't even a data sheet for
that sensor, the 401 on it any more...

Roger