[cpia] help -- not able to get intel QX3 up and running for display

Dragon m_giggey@BeansYou.co.jp
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:14:46 +0200

Sorry to bother every one with this seemingly simple question, but I just can't figure out where I am amiss here.

I am running RH linux7.0
Kernel 2.4.10(stable)
	CPIA kernel-level enabled
	USB kernel-level enabled
	Video4Linux kernel-level enabled

I verified the above by looking at the configure file.

I used a cool application called USBVIEW to ensure that the camera and it's USB parameters are seen. They are. And the hot-pluging also works.

So, I have confidence that the USB is working fine.

Problem: I have tried EVERY software I could find and (sometimes only try to) compile and use them.

Without exception none would give me any image from the camera.

Some, that did seem agreeable to compile and use.

The CPIA-1.2 client, gqcam griped and said:
"/dev/video: No such device"
It was not the only one.

I have not been able to find any software to give me confidence about the V4L (as I have with the USB).

Please advice where I messed up and how to rectify.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks in advance.