[cpia] CPiA version used in Creative labs WebCam II?

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:25:09 +0200

Hi,

I have no idea about the differences between the versions you cite. At
the time of writing the driver there was only one major version of the
CPiA chip available. The creative webcam II I used to write the driver
was such an older one. The driver works for instance for the following
chip:

CPIA Version:             1.33 (2.10)
CPIA PnP-ID:              0553:0002:0106
VP-Version:               1.0 0141

To find out what you have connect the camera to a Linux/Windows machine
and check out the ieee-1284 parport info. It should contain a
sufficient subset of the information listed above to identify the chip.

Greetings and good luck, Peter