[cpia] CPiA version used in Creative labs WebCam II?

Selma Kwong s369494@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:41:25 +1000 (GMT+1000)

I am trying to interface the creative lab's webcam 2 (parport vers) to a
mini web server (PicoWeb server) which has a parallel port.  I need to
write the driver for the ECP port which it uses, as the webserver I am
using cannot has its own picoweb code and does not use Linux or Windows.
However, I am uncertain to whether the webcam 2 uses the original CPiA
chipset or the newer CPiA 1.5 - the data
sheets for both versions are available on
the website (http://webcam.sourceforge.net/) but I don't know which one it
is. Are there any ways of finding out which version it is so I can go with
the correct datasheet? or is there a easier way to solve my problem? If
anyone knows a little about this, please send me an email! Thank you!

Selma (student doing a thesis)