[cpia] kernel patches done, new 2.5.x. branch open at sourceforge

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:17:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've finally completed the cpia driver patchsets for 2.4.20 and 2.5.44,
and sent them to Alan Cox.

The first batch of updates made their way into Marcelo's 2.4.20pre8
and Linus' 2.5.43 kernels, so this route seems to be working.

The new branch cpia/module-v4l2  at sourceforge has the full driver for
kernels 2.5.43 and later, and  cpia/module works with 2.4.20 or earlier.
(sorry for all the typos in the cvs log messages whne I committed this..)

The 2.5.43 code compiles, but hasnt been tested on my cameras, as I havent
yet managed to get USB working under 2.5.x. (I guess I should try to
test my parport camera, but I havent yet, because of parport issues...)

If anyone can test the CVS module-v4l2 code on linux >=2.5.43
please do.

Any Video4linux2 improvements should get added to that codebase.
(Nick?)
Duncan.
E-Mail: Duncan Haldane <duncan_haldane@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: 20-Oct-2002