[cpia] ReEPP (as opposed to ECP) parport support for cpia_pp ?

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:37:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

I was tying to test the 2.5.44 cpia code with the Creative WebCam II (paralell
port) camera, but the machine I set 2.5.44 up on only supports
PCSPP and EPP paralel port modes.

The cpia_pp code only seems to support ECP and TRISTATE parport modes.

The Webcam Works fine using windows, but not under linux with ether the 2.4.x
or 2.5.x cpia drivers, because the "paralel port is nor ECP-capable".

Presumably it *could* work with EPP protocol, but none of the original
developers had an EPP parport?  is TRISTATE a subset of EPP that would work?

Would it be easy to add EPP support to cpia_pp.c?  (I am not really
interested in running an obsolete camera on an  EPP parport, but I could
test it)

Duncan