[cpia] Creative Video Blaster WebCam II

Cris Christiane2001@terra.es
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:37:45 +0100

El Sábado, 13 de Diciembre de 2003 20:42, Blaise Gassend escribió:
> Hi Chris,
Hi

> Hum, you seem to have found a bug related to my patch for doing DMA
> reads from the CPiA camera.

Almost I know that the problem is related with DMA, so I have been changed my
/etc/modules.conf file:

-options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 dma=3
+options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 dma=none

(I have disabled the DMA. But NOT in the BIOS)

So, in the startup I can read:

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, using FIFO
[PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,EP
[.....]
ECP Parallel Port without DMA detected: image stream should be fast

Now, I have a frame rate about 5 fps without errors.

> I don't think that the code has been very
> widely tested and there may be some difference between your hardware and
> mine. I'm afraid I don't have any constructive advice for you. It looks
> like the driver is expecting data that the camera isn't sending, to
> debug it one would have to look at the details of the communication
> between the camera and the computer.

But.... that's impossible because I need the source code and a authorization
of the copyright's owner...... ;-P
(Ups, I forgot that we use FREE SOFTWARE!!!!)
I will try to have a look the code.... maybe I can find the solution. (repeat
maybe).

Thanks very much.

Cris,
Málaga (SPAIN)