[cpia] Trust SpyC@m 100

Steve Miller steve.miller@st.com
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:40:18 -0700

neonatus@neonatus.net wrote:

> My /var/log/messages gives me this ID:
> Product: USB Dual-mode Camera
> usb.c: unhandled interfaces on device
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x553/0x202) is not claimed by any active driver.
>
> However I found out, that it works with stv680 module somehow. It just
> doesn't work that good (camstreams can't read from the device after a few
> hours, and the program freezes, camserv crashes on load).
>
> Regards/Lep pozdrav
>
> Boštjan Müller

Yes, 553/202 is a 680. It is possible that they changed to the 680
because cpia went out of production, although the 680 was designed
mostly for still images and streams very slow. The project page for this
driver is http://stv0680-usb.sourceforge.net, where there might be a
more recent version, and more info on what it best works with. Kevin
took over this driver about a year ago, but I don't think it has reached
a super stable state yet.  If you let him know what you are using and
what problems you're having, he might be able to help.

Steve

--
Steve Miller
Software Engineer