[Publicity] AEC Summer School - Some important information

JKU Linz - RISC Office secretary at risc.jku.at
Wed Jul 6 11:48:52 CEST 2016

Dear AEC Participants,

Note that the program of our summer school is available:
https://www.risc.jku.at/conferences/aec2016/program.html

**First of all: Please check your arrival and departure dates and times
and inform us with your exact dates and times. This is important for the
hotel. The hotel is not staffed all the time.**

In order to support your arrival in Hagenberg, we would
like to provide you with some information.
For a map with the points of interest see
http://www.risc.jku.at/conferences/aec2016/HagenbergMap.pdf
Concerning the different options to have lunch and dinner we will inform
you later with another Email.

1) On the map you will see the bus station (in case that you take the
bus from the Linz train station (Linz HBF) with the direction to Freistadt.
The bus stop is called Hagenberg Ortsmitte.

2) The expected check in times at the Hotel Sommerhaus (item 2 of the
map) are:

29.07.: 12.00 to 22.00 (check-in)
30.07.: 12.00 to 22.00 (check-in)
31.07.: 11.00 to 24.00 (check-in)
01.08.-05.8.: 12.00-24.00
06.08.: 07.00 to 11.00 (check-out)
07.08.: 07.00 to 11.00 (check-out)

3) The breakfast will be served in the IT Center (item 3 of the map).

4) The conference place will be at the castle of Hagenberg (the
Gemeindesaal); (see item 1 of the map)
The registration desk opens on Monday at 9:00.
In case that you get financial support, please hand in the corresponding
forms and invoices and tickets to our secretaries.

Below of this email we put some further travel information which might
be helpful for you.

We are looking forward to see you in Hagenberg!

In behalf of the organizers,

Carsten Schneider

*--------------------------------------------------**
**SOME TRAVEL INFORMATION*

There are several options to reach the conference place RISC (Hagenberg):

Step (1a) *Vienna airport -> Linz train station* (Linz HBF)

There are direct train connections from the Vienna airport to Linz (at
least each hour).
For details see: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?
-> Afterwards go to Step 2.

Step (1b) *Linz airport -> Linz train station* (Linz HBF)

Take the bus 601 from the airport to the Linz train station (Linz HBF);
it goes each hour.
The departure is in the front of the airport (there is only one bus
station).
For the time schedule check http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?
-> Afterwards go to Step 2.

Step (2a) *Linz train station (Linz HBF) -> Hagenberg im Mühlkreis
(Ortsmitte)*

Take the bus 311 from the Linz Main Train Station (Linz HBF) to
Hagenberg (the starting point is at the bus terminal which is directly
attached at the train station; the walking distance is about 5 minutes).
The tickets are sold by the bus driver (prize: 5,20 Euro).
For the departure times see: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?

Step (2b) *Alternatively, you might take a taxi:*
Starting from the Linz airport the charge is around 80 Euro,
Starting form the Linz train station the charge is around 60 Euro.

*Warning: there is also a Hotel Sommerhaus in Linz; make clear that you**
**want to travel to Hagenberg!*