[Publicity] Some important information for our AEC summer school at RISC (Hagenberg)

Tanja Gutenbrunner tanja.gutenbrunner at risc.jku.at
Thu Jul 11 16:01:05 CEST 2019

Dear Participants,

we are looking forward very much to see you at our AEC summer school
2019 at RISC.
Note that the program of our summer school is available:
https://www.risc.jku.at/conferences/aec2019/program.html

In order to support your arrival in Hagenberg, we would like to provide
you with some extra information.
For a map with the points of interest see:
https://www.risc.jku.at/conferences/aec2019/HagenbergMap.pdf

1) On the map you will see the bus station; in case that you take the
bus from the Linz train station (Linz HBF)
with the direction to Freistadt. The bus stop is called Hagenberg
Ortsmitte (see item 6).

2) The expected check in times at the Hotel Sommerhaus are:

27.07: 12.00 - 24.00
28.07: 13.00 - 01.00 (check in)
29.07: 13.30 - 24.00
30.07: 13.30 - 24.00
31.07: nobody available
01.08: 13.30 - 24.00
02.08: 06.00 - 12.00 (check out)
03.08: 06.00 - 11.00 (check out)

Note: In case that you want to check in on July 27 (Sa), we need your
arrival date
as soon as possible so that we can organize an individual appointment.

3) The breakfast will be served from Monday till Friday in Campina (see
item 3 on the map)
Note: on Saturday/Sunday breakfast is not included in the service.
Thus on Saturday you can visit "Cafe Honeder" (item 5) and
on Sunday check the available restaurants. Alternatively, you can go to
Haubis
(https://www.haubis.com/at/hagenberg/backstube-cafe-hagenberg) which you
find at the entrance
of Hagenberg, about 1.5 km away from your hotel).

4) The conference site will be at the castle of Hagenberg
(the Gemeindesaal, see item 1 of the map)
The registration desk opens on Monday at 8:45.
In case that you get financial support, please hand in the
corresponding forms, invoices and tickets to our secretaries.

5) Concerning the different options to have lunch and dinner see:
https://www.risc.jku.at/conferences/aec2019/Wirtplan2019.pdf

Note: on Sunday evening the situation is more difficult:
* opening hours of Schlossrestaurant (item 8): 10:00-17:00;
   however, if guests are present in Schlossrestaurant before 17:00,
they will be happy
   to continue serving food as long as guests are available.
* opening hours of Lavinya (Pizzeria and Kebap, item 6): 11:00-20:00.
* opening hours of Gasthaus Hametner (item 3); 08:00-22:00.

6) Below of this email we put some further travel information which
might be helpful for you.

Once more, we are looking forward to see you in Hagenberg soon!

In behalf of the organizers,

Carsten Schneider

SOME TRAVEL INFORMATION

There are several options to reach the conference place RISC (Hagenberg):

A) Via train and bus

Step 1: go to the main railway station Linz (Linz HBF)

Step 1.i) From the airport Vienna, there are direct trains served by
OEBB which go to Linz HBF;
for the departure times check:
http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?
[here you have to buy the ticket BEFORE you enter the train]

Note: if you are already in downtown Vienna, you can also take the train
company Westbahn which is about half of
the prize of OEBB; for the departure times see:
https://westbahn.at/en/
[here you can buy the ticket INSIDE of the train]

Step 1.ii) From the airport Linz (blue danube airport) there are regular
buses to Linz HBF;
for the departure times see
http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?
[you can buy the ticket (about 3 Euro) from the bus driver]

Step 2: Take the bus from Linz train station (Linz HBF) to Hagenberg
Ortsmitte

The bus terminal is attached to the the railway station Linz (walking
distance about 5 minutes).
For the departure times see:
http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?

The tickets are sold by the bus driver (about 5,50 Euro).

d) Alternatively, you might take a taxi (at least from Linz...):

Starting from the Linz airport the costs are around 90 Euro,
Starting form the Linz train station the costs are around 60 Euro.

Warning: there is also a Hotel Sommerhaus in Linz; make clear that you
want to travel to Hagenberg.