Newbie modules question

Rodrigo B. rodrigorr@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

> You could have a look already :) build a new kernel with
> parport and
> parport_pc as a module. Then use de loadpp script in the
> module
> directory. You need a kernel from the 2.2.x series.

Sorry, I forgot to tell what kind of system I am running.
I have Debian potato, my kernel is version 2.2.9.  I have
the parallel port stuff (parport+parport_pc) compiled
directly into the kernel (does that make any difference for
the webcam driver? should I go for the modules?). My
/usr/src/linux/modules is empty, no loadpp script there (I
guess it is just for the modules).

I don t know why the driver is not finding the information
it needs, maybe I just do not have things correctly
installed, some symlink missing somewhere or something.

Thanks a lot for your help, if you have any idea I will be
happy to hear about it.

Rodrigo