ERRORS

Bas Rijniersce bas@brijn.nu
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:44:56 +0100

Hi,

Jose Serrano Rodenas wrote:
> I have RedHat  6.1 linux machine.
> I hava been trying to install the Parport driver v0.3. but I can't do
> it successfully.
                                                      |
> ppcpia:interface_pp.c:ppcpia_register(802):port is not ECP capable                                > ppcpia:interface_pp.c:if_Init(967):No cameras found

My guess is that the first message is relevant. Go into your bios and
look for the parallel port settings. You can often changes this from EPP
to ECP+EPP and some other options that I don't recall right now. I think
you currently have something like EPP, change it (often with
PageUp/PageDown) to the option that has at least ECP (I think ECP+EPP is
the option I have used).

> Thanks in advanced.
> Jose

Bas

----
Bas Rijniersce                       Phone +31 341 550545
Oude Telgterweg 81                   Fax +31 341 562940
3851 EA  Ermelo                      http://www.brijn.nu
The Netherlands                      bas@brijn.nu