the beginning...

Tasnim Ahmed debugger@bigfoot.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:49:42 +0500

Hi:

I finally got a 2.2 kernel and compiled the module.

BUT,

I got 4-5 fps in CIF mode with auto compression. then I tried to put my camera
in DMA mode which I finally did but performance was not increased, however
bands are introduced into the picture.

The best I got on my RH 6.0 2.2 Celeron 333a 64 MB system is 10 fps in QCIF and
thats when nothing is moving in front of the camera.

Now I think that this is the beginning of the driver so we can expect some real
improvement in the future. I am waiting for the 2.3 support because my other
hardware performs better under 2.3 so may be this follows the trend.

anyways, I appreciate all the great work done by you guys out there.

---
Tasnim Ahmed
debugger@bigfoot.com