[cpia] Informations

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:33:49 +0200

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 03:07:09PM -0700, zioivy wrote:
> I'd like to know phisical informormations about the webcamII like focal
> length, CCD characteristics like pixels/mm etc.
> Can someone help me?

As for CCD-information you should find something on data-sheets of the
cpia-chip available on the STM webpage (www.st.com). As for
lens-information I think this is specific to the actual camera model
you bought. That should be the thing the cameras from the various
vendors differ. So you would have to contact the vendor of your camera.

> P.S. : I have two cameras and all goes well with kernel 2.2.15 but under
> 2.3.99pre9 when I remove modules the video1 device is not removed. If I
> insert again modules in the proc filesystem appears video0 and video2,
> then video0 and video3 and so on. Solutions?

Bug. Which driver version is this?

> P.P.S. : I'd like to introduce a warping function that rectifies the
> images in the cpia drivers. It's useful for someone? I made a program
> that does this after grabbing the image and it's very fast.

This is userland stuff. I don't really know where the linux-community
gathers to discuss such stuff. :)

-Peter

--
Even the thought that a ship was waiting to take him back to Earth
did not wipe out the sense of loss he felt at that moment.