[cpia] Webcams with Linux

Pamela Castro pamcastro25@hotmail.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:14:30 -0600

Hello,

I am in the beginning stages of installing the cpia device driver for
webcams.  I am new to configuring the kernel for webcams and do have a few
questions.

Currently, I am using kernel 2.2.16 and would have to upgrade to at least
2.3.X in order to have USB support, correct?

Does anyone know of any software for Linux that will take snapshots
periodically (for example, every 5 seconds)using the webcam(s)?

I may want to use more than one USB webcam and have been using a USB hub for
some webcams on Windows.  I may be able to get away with just using one if
it allows me to zoom in and out on images.  Which webcams do you suggest?

I am not running RedHat 7.0 but a previous version.  Would it be easier to
use RedHat 7.0 before attempting to install the cpia device driver?

Thanks in advance!

~P