[cpia] DMA & CPia parallel port

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:53:47 +0200

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 11:01:12AM +0200, Jose Miguel Buenaposada Biencinto wrote:
> - How can I active the DMA with the CPia driver ?
>      + I load parport_pc with parameters: io=0x378 dma=3 irq=7 and I'm
> pretty
>          sure all are free (looking in /proc/dma and /proc/irq).

They will not be allocated (an therefore reported as free) as long as
the camera device is not open. Make sure that the interrupt drive mode
is activated in /proc/parport/0/irq.

>      + Cpia driver is compiled with support DMA options but when I run
>          gqcam the window is white only two!!! parport interrupts are
> processed and
>         there is one kernel message: "Clearing stall" that cames from
> the
>         driver function clear_stall.

Can you compile the driver with debugging on and send us the complete
syslog output (all from the beginning of inserting the parport driver
to the crash of your application). Also the respective proc files
(interrupt, dma, video/cpia, parport/...) would be nice. I just tried
1.1 and it stills works fine for me with 2.2.16 and DMA on. I get a
thruput of about 400kB/sec with about 30% load on a PIII 350 CPU.

-Peter

--
Even the thought that a ship was waiting to take him back to Earth
did not wipe out the sense of loss he felt at that moment.