[cpia] Parallel Webcam II + 2.2.15 troubles

Claudio Matsuoka claudio@conectiva.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 21:59:26 -0300 (BRT)

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Sam Reynolds wrote:

> Hi, I am very new to this list and am trying to get my Creative Webcam 2
> (parallel version) to work with 2.2.15.  I read the kernel documentation
> and chose to go the "linked in" route.
(...)
> Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.5.0
> cpia_pp.c:cpia_pp_register(1307):failed to cpia_register_camera

I believe it would be a good idea to get a recent version of the CPiA
driver (at http://webcam.sourceforge.net) and build it as a module
(so the parameters could be easily changed reloading the module).

Best regards,
claudio