[cpia] OT: Trying to identify camera...

Stuart Northfield lists@janitorium.co.uk
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:40:55 +0100

Sorry to be a bit off topic with my first post but I have just been
given a webcam which I am unable to identify.

The case assembly has no identification at all.

The lens assembly is marked 'Vision 4.8mm' with a stylised V logo and
the same logo and the word Vision appear on the PCB.

The PCB also contains the following markings:

JT HEAD REV 5-4
ML-401
94V0

PMG005CJTCVSN

There is what I suspect to be a serial interface chip on the
underside of the PCB marked co1a 532 (it seems to connect across to
the i/o header where the cable is attached).

I'm guessing this is probably made by VVL however I need to determine
the chipset and connections (it currently has a lead connecting a
9-way header + ground on the PCB to a 9-pin mini-din plug & shield).

The original owner is hunting for any documentation/software that my
have come with it and believes it was bundled with a Time brand PC in
the UK.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Stu